Thursday, July 05, 2007

Somebody's gonna get hurt real bad

Tomorrow I go back home after getting my first salary.Have plans to buy things for Mom and Dad and bro and treat other relatives.Feels good that now i am in a position to do so.Wished my dad "Happy father's day" around a couple of weeks back and wrote that i admired and respected and loved him even though i could not say "My Dad's an ATM" anymore.

Life's changing yet again but at this new cross road im forced to think back about what Mom and Dad did for me and my bro.I used to hate all those scoldings and beatings Mom used to give for not doing homework and watching too much TV.Always scared of her oft repeated threat,Do this or Ill tell Dad! and the worry that Somebody's gonna get hurt real bad would push me to do whatever that she demanded.Even now im sure if she sees me sitting idle watching TV her first reaction might be to ask me to go and study.Hehehe

Now when i look back I guess it was all meant for this day when i am able to stand up on my own and have a personal sense of achievement. But this would not have been possible, if not for all those years of knocking sense into my head by my parents.So I now know when i stand proudly among my peers who I need to be grateful to.

MOM and DAD u guys are the best and thanks for everything you have ever done for me.For you it might just have be part of parenthood and unconditional love,for me it was my entire life.Praying you guys are always there to scare me with "Vicky,Do this or Somebody's gonna get hurt real bad !!!!" Love you always.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice one bro


vikz

Komal Nadkarni Shukla said...

Hey Vivek..first of all thanks for your valuable comment on my blog :) and must say your blog too is fantastic!! particularly the post on your mom and dad :) it is indeed touchy! keep up the gooood job..

Sunitha Vijayanarayan said...

nice one.. they would be proud of you

Dee*pee*ka said...

Vivek,

You've got a nice blog going on here. I really appreciate your ability to differentiate "child abuse" and sometimes "necessary parenthood skills" especially those with boys (no pun intended).

I am sure your parents appreciate it.

Anonymous said...

Awww! Dont ask me how I landed up on such an old post but I DID... Parental scolding are those doses of medicines you totally need... Well, Im still in the stage when I get shouted at for too much of TV (though its the laptop these days because of a VERY specific reason :P)

But its funny how we miss things when they are no longer around (the scoldings )